The rental market moves very quickly in New York City, especially during the peak summer months. Start your search 15 to 30 days before the move-in date.
Salary requirements are 40 to 50 times the monthly rent. Some building accept guarantors for renters with insufficient income. The guarantors must live in NY, and have double the income requirements.
- Application Fee – ($100-$500+)
- First Month’s Rent
- Security Deposit
- Move-In Deposit – ($100-$500+)
- Real Estate Brokers Fee – (1 month’s rent or 15%)
- Tax Returns
- Pay Stubs
- Bank Statements
- Employment Letter
- Personal Reference Letters
- Past Landlord’s Contact Information
When you submit your application the rental agent will do a credit check. If you have insufficient credit history you will either need a guarantor, or you can pay several months of rent up front.